SOCIAL MEDIA TRENDS TO OPTIMIZE YOUR STRATEGY IN 2021
Are you looking for ways to ramp up your social media marketing in 2021? Want to know the key trends that should affect the way you manage your social media presence?
Here’s a quick summary:
1. Where audiences are spending their time during the pandemic?
Three of the fastest growing social media trends that have emerged during the pandemic are gaming, YouTube videos and home-based niches.
2. Start profiting from your social media videos
Social media videos are on the rise. Alibaba & Instagram are among the platforms that have announced new measures to help brands boost revenue from videos.
3. Social media trends: niche platforms growing in popularity
Global time spent on Tik-Tok grew 210% year over year in 2019.
4. Social media stories are not going anywhere
Daily active stories users on Instagram, Facebook, and WhatsApp all hit 500 Million each in 2019.
5. Video usage in social commerce
Internet video traffic is expected to jump four-fold by 2022.
6. Social commerce is the future
Nearly three out of every ten businesses plan either already have a social commerce plan or are planning to implement one in the next 12 months.
7. Authenticity matters in social media marketing
Nine out of ten consumers say that authenticity is important when deciding which brand to support.
8. Social media as a discovery engine
43% of consumers research products online through social media networks.
9. Growth in messaging apps
The number of mobile messaging app users is expected to reach 3.12 Billion worldwide by 2023.
10. Customer service via social media
Nearly three out of every ten consumers use social media to communicate with a company.
Sources: techcrunch, hootsuite, emarketer & businessinsider